Wednesday 21 May 2008

Fram

To comment on this National disgrace would be unfair,
as after only a few minutes I realised I couldn't bear,
to persevere (and prove my friends (who had warned me) not to be right),
and to return after the interval for more self indulgent rhyming shite.

I'm yet to meet anyone who's seen the second half of this terrible play. Occasional humorous moments are outnumbered by lengthy dull scenes, including an interminable ballet (!), itself prefaced by a character reassuring the audience that it wouldn't be long! On the night I went, the most enjoyment was gained from the unprofessional improvisation of the lead character when the set malfunctioned. Urgh. I'd urge the writer to offer his services up for panto - the only place such cheesy couplets would fit these days. However this found its way onto the Olivier stage, I've no idea. The audience on the night I went was thin to say the least, and I'm sure, was thinner after the first opportunity to escape.

Boo.

No comments: